3 weeks: May 28-June 18, 2011
SIGN UP TODAY - LIMITED AVAILABILITY!
EARN UP TO 6 CREDITS
Dr. Linda Ledford-Miller
Professor and Chair
Department of World Languages and Cultures
University of Scranton
● 3 credits : French culture, Fren284: Current Events in France and the
Francophone world, taught in English
● 3 credits : Beginning French, Fren184, French language and culture, taught in
French by a French native
PROGRAM FEES INCLUDE:
● Round-trip airfare: Newark to Paris (May 28), Paris to Newark (June 18)
● Transfer to and from the airport in Paris
● Lodging in the Abbey student residence, double occupancy
● Weekend trip to Paris (3 days, 2 nights)
● Day trip to Tours –by train as a group, time on your own
● Day trip to the Clos Lucé, Parc Leonardo da Vinci
(Da Vinci’s last home, and now museum) and the famous mushroom caves
● Lunch and dinner for 12 days
● A variety of internship opportunities are offered by The Eur-Am Center at the Abbey of Pontlevoy upon completion of courses:
● Students in good standing, a GPA of 3.0, or consent of instructor
GENERAL INFORMATION: THE EUR-AM CENTER
● The European-American Center for International Education and the Abbey of Pontlevoy have been waiting for over 1000 years, for you! Join us in one of the most historic and cultivating destinations in Europe for an education of a lifetime. Studying abroad is an exciting and challenging plunge into the academic life and culture of another country. The Eur-Am Center provides study abroad opportunities, internship opportunities, plus academic and personal support services, for American and international university and college students who want to earn credit for international study and work experience.
PUT THESE DATES IN YOUR CALENDAR!
Friday, Nov. 19, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in O'Hara Hall, room 306,
Monday, Nov. 22, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Hyland Hall, room 301.
**Application, reservation deadline and down payment of $200: DECEMBER 17, 2010
● 1st payment: $1000 deposit due THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2011 BY 4:30 PM
● 2nd payment: balance due THURSDAY, April 7, 2011 BY 4:30 PM ($3300)(Checks payable to the University of Scranton)
Please note: Insurance is required for all students traveling abroad. The University provides insurance whose cost is included in the bill sent from the Treasurer’s Office (approximately $40). Cancellation and refund policy available from Dr. Ledford-Miller. Cost is subject to change in the event of currency fluctuations and/or changes in airfare. Program is subject to cancellation at the discretion of the University of Scranton.